The school’s curriculum is structured in such a way that the Primary Section (V), evolves into the Middle section (classes VI-VIII), which in turn matures into the Secondary and Senior Secondary Sections (classes IX-XII).
Some salient features of curriculum at Gurukul:
- Special professional prep calsses for classes IX to XII for Engineering and Medical Exams.
- Guest Faculty for value addition to classroom studies.
- Inter school knowledge-exchange sessions with other schools.
- Special focus and opportunities for non-science subjects – Commerce and Humanities.
- Spruced-up library for the benefit of those students who are appearing for board exams and entrance tests.
- Special study and career counselling by experts and school counsellors.
- Talks by resource persons from various fields such as Defence Services, Engineering & Medical Colleges, Managements, Chartered Accountancy Firms, Universities etc.
Grade V (Age Group 10 Years)
At primary stage English, Mathematics, Hindi,Social Studies, Science are taught as main subjects. Drawing, Computer-Science, g.k and evs are also introduced at this stage. Games, Arts and Craft, Dance and Music are an integral part of the curriculum.
Special emphasis is laid upon Cultural and Co-Curricular activities for the all round development of a child.
Grade VI to VIII (Age 11 to 14 Years)
In addition to the subjects offered at the primary level they study one additional language, which can be Sanskrit or French language.To cater to the increasing number of foreign students we have developed resources to offer French as third language at this stage.Life skills, work education and visual and performing Arts are an integral part of the co-scholastic areas at this stage. It is mandatory for each student to become a member of clubs/ hobbies, which help to develop literary and creative skills, scientific skills, communication and leadership skills amongst students.
Grade IX & X (Age 14 to 16 Years)
At the Secondary Stage the students prepare themselves for their first school evaluation board examination which is based on continuous and comprehensive evaluation of their scholastic achievement called Formative assessments & Summative assessments in the subjects of English, Second Language, Social Science, Mathematics and Science.
The students have an options of Sanskrit or Hindi as second language. English is the medium of instruction for all the subject. The students may opt for computers as an additional subject.
Co-scholastic abilities are developed with special emphasis on cultural, co-curricular and stage activities. The school prepares the students for the Secondary School Certificate Examination, which is conducted by the C.B.S.E. New Delhi on the successful completion of 10 years of schooling
Grade XI to XII (Age 16 to 18 Years)
There after the students are prepared for All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination conducted & evaluated by The Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Students have a choice to opt Science, Commerce and Humanities Streams.
The following subject options are available to them:
1. English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Education
1. English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physical Education
1. English, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Physical Education, Maths (Additional)
1. English, Geography, Political Science, History / Hindi, Physical Education, Maths (additional)
The school also prepares the students for various competitive exams as for NDA, NEET, IIT-JEE, Ielts, Toefl, LLB, CSAT, MBA etc.